|Ms Julia Wright|
Julia runs the Treatment Room. She is an experienced nurse who deals with many problems including:
- Management of minor injuries and illnesses (in discussion with the GPs)
- Wound care: dressings, removal of stitches
- Routine immunisations and injections for treatment
- Travel advice and immunisations for foreign travel
- Family planning (including repeat prescriptions for contraceptives)
- Cervical cytology ('Pap smears')
- Health checks (for new patients, or regular checks for those over 40 years old)
- Smoking cessation, and support with healthy lifestyles (including weight/diet and alcohol)
- Routine reviews of chronic conditions such as Diabetes, Asthma, Blood Pressure, COPD
- Tests such as ECGs, 24h Blood Pressures, Spirometry
The College Nurses
The College Nurses at Brasenose, Merton, Oriel, St Annes, and St Peters work with us to provide care and advice to students studying at the University of Oxford.
They run their own clinics in College and can be contacted in the first instance for advice and support. With the patient's consent, they can seek advice from the Doctors in the Practice and can arrange appointments and prescriptions if needed.