image depicting complaints

Complaints Procedure

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To pursue a complaint see our guidance below:

Making A Compliant

The Practice is always happy to hear any ideas you may have to improve the service we provide. Please do tell us.

If you are not happy with the service we have provided to you or a family member please do ask to see the Practice Manager, Jackie Hannam and she
will be glad to help you.

If you feel that your issue has not been dealt with sufficiently then you can make an official complaint to the Practice.

To do this write down you complaint and hand it to Reception, email it to the Practice Manager via our secure online form or post the letter to the Practice address shown on our contact page.

The Practice will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.

The Practice will then investigate the issues around you complaint and will respond to your complaint.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome you have a right to take your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO), which is independent of the NHS. For more information call 0345 015 4033 or visit the PHSO website.

Alternatively, if you feel that the Practice is not appropriate to make your complaint to, you are able to contact NHS England:

  • By Email: with 'For the attention of the complaints team' in the subject line
  • By Phone: on 0300 311 22 33 you can also use the British Sign Language Service

Help With Making A Complaint

Patient Advice And Liaison Service
Some people find it helpful to talk to someone who understands the complaints process first and get some guidance and support. You will find a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) in most hospitals. You can speak with a PALS member who will try to help you resolve issues informally with the hospital before you need to make a complaint.

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service
If you are making or thinking of making a complaint, someone from the independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Services can help you. An advocate will also be able to attend meetings with you and review any information you are given during the complaints process. You can seek advice from an NHS Complaints Advocate at any stage of the process. If you decide you need some support, it is never too late to ask for help.

Your local council will be able to tell you who the advocacy provider is in your area. Find details for your local council on GOV.UK.

Your local Healthwatch can also provide information about making a complaint.